Policyholders! If we don't have your latest contact details, you may miss out on valuable bonus information.
Click here now to update your details.
We are delighted to inform you that the AVBOB Board has declared and distributed R1 billion to increase policyholder value in the form of special bonuses and enhanced FREE benefits following the Group’s exceptional results during the 2015/2016 financial year.
This of course is made possible by the fact that AVBOB is a Mutual Assurance Society. In a nutshell this simply means that at AVBOB we don’t have shareholders and therefore our valued policyholders benefit directly from any profits made by us.
We have over 1.4 million policies in force and more than 3.7 million lives insured. Over the last six years we have given back more than R2.5 billion in special bonuses - these are over and above annual bonuses and free funeral benefits given over the same period.
When we say “We’re here for you” we mean it, which is why we keep assessing and adapting our benefits to suit our market needs.
The recent declaration includes the following enhanced FREE funeral benefits*:
* FREE basic benefits apply for policies in force two years and more. Policies that have been in force for less than two years, qualify for a discount of up to R4 000 off the funeral.
- A FREE basic funeral (burial or cremation) to the value of R9 600*
- FREE transportation of the deceased within the borders of South Africa*
- A FREE upfront cash payment of R1 000 for initial expenses*
* FREE funeral benefits are for policyholders who appoint AVBOB Funeral Service to conduct the funeral.
A 15% addition on the sum assured on the main life which, if needed, can be converted into a FREE six-month RETRENCHMENT BENEFIT *.
All FREE benefits for policyholders are over and above the value of the policy
The FREE basic funeral to the value of R9 600* includes:
- A free specified coffin
- Free use of a specified hearse
- The arrangement of the funeral
- Conducting the funeral
- Preparing your loved one for burial or cremation.
- The use of AVBOB’s cooling and mortuary facilities
- Graveside tent and 10 chairs
- Assistance with the completion of all official documents
- A R250 contribution to a funeral notice in a newspaper of your choice
- An ash coffin (where applicable) or the use of a lowering device at the graveside
If you are already a policyholder, find out more about the bonus by updating your details or calling 086 11 282621 (AVBOB1).
If you aren’t already a policyholder and would like to become one, call us on 086 11 282621 (AVBOB1), or click here for us to call you back.
* Terms & Conditions apply